It’s been easier to fall asleep
for the past few nights,
so I thought I was healing
and I thought I was getting better
but today I heard a song
and it reminded me of you.
And now my heart aches
thinking of the lyrics
and I can’t help but have it on repeat,
because no matter how many bad things
I try to say about you
to convince myself
you are not worth it
and I can do so much better,
I still wish you were here.
I still wish I could rewind time
and go back to when it was you.
It’s one of those nights,
In that moment I realized, we had never left each other, we were together all along.
People get drunk
They hook up with the wrong person
And pretend to be okay
People act tough
And get mad
People will do anything to distract their heart.
They will do anything to distract it from missing someone.
- if you don’t like your name don’t use it.
- scream at the sky, whisper secrets to the ocean, hold hands with clouds. the world is yours if you want it to be.
- do things that make you nervous and let the feeling consume you until you feel scared and alive and want to throw up.
- don’t worry about falling in love.
- pick flowers whenever you see them and leave them wherever you go.
- kiss all the things that make you happy and all the things that make you sad, kiss everything that makes you feel anything.
- weave stars into your clothes and always remember that you came from them and will go back to them again someday.
- never empty your pockets.
- light dead flowers on fire when you’re feeling sad, let their smell fill your lungs and make you forget about life.
- diet coca cola will make your head spin and your throat burn, drink it when you’re feeling like things are going to get bad.
- if a boy with pretty eyes asks you who you are, show him your scars and your freckles and your bruises and let him know that you are alive.
- the best people have electricity running through their veins and around their hearts, let them shock you.
- forget how old you are, it does not matter.
- if something or someone makes you want to run then do it, run until your legs go numb and your heart is about to explode and you forget how to breathe.
- when the world is asleep make the night your friend and you will become invincible.
- get lost in another city and don’t ask for directions.
- cry if you want to, but try not to drown in your tears.
- do not be afraid of the sight of blood or the sound of bones snapping or the smell of hospital beds.
- race the moon while you’re driving until you’re going faster than the speed of light.
- never sit still.
Politeness has become so rare that people mistake it for flirtation.